maandag

Blue eyes

 
Seen on the runway a lot.. A new rage for summer:
striking colored eyeliner/eyeshadow, especially blue,
combined with nude lips.
The pictures I saw from the runway with this trend were stunning,
I just had to try it at home.
At first I was afraid it would be too much,
but you can choose how hard you want it to be.
It also was the first time I was going to use this nude color in lipstick.
To be really honest, this is actually one of the first times I try out a make up trend.
For regular days I just apply some concealer
where it's needed and powder for a little bit more color.
For my eyes: mascara and sometimes black eyeliner.
Even when I go out, I almost never use eyeshadow or something special..
The only thing "extra" about my make up when I go out is my lipstick.
But now that I'm blogging, I also wear lipstick more during the day
and ofcourse I want to try out some trends and share my experiences.
What I do know is, that when you use the right eyeliner
it can accentuate your eyes really beautifully.
 
Basic tips I found for this blue color on your eyes were:
- Don't mix with soft colors
  (white is not a color! you can definitely use white
as eyeliner IN your eye with blue eyeshadow (see example)
or on the inside of your eye fading to blue on the outside)
- Try to make your eyes pop!
- For a daily look:
go for a deeper tone of blue and use thinner lines
  Drama look/going out:
brighter color and bigger lines
 
 
 
 
 

My try-out:
 
 
 
Ofcourse, me as a newbie in make up,
I had to go buy some products.
I chose for:
Lipstick: Rimmel Londen, Lasting finish by Kate Moss, nr.03
Eyeshadow: Maybelline New York, Color Tattoo 24hr, nr. 20
Eyeliner: Gosh, velvet touch eyeliner, nr. 001 (blue moon)

I didn't take pictures of how I did it,
because I really just used a little brush to apply the eyeshadow under my eyes
+ used the eyeliner 'in' my eye... No special techniques or something..
 
 
 
 
My opinion: I think it looks really well if you wear the right clothes to match.
I don't think I would go to school with this amount of blue under my eyes,
but for going out I would definitely consider using it again.
As I said, for a daily basis I would use a thinner line,
or a line on my eyelid instead of under my eye.
 
 
 
 
Let me know what you think!
Xx Laurentine
 
 


1 opmerking: